Official Criteria for Voting Membership:
1. The applicant must submit an application for voting membership by May 9th 2024.
2. The applicant must attend the conference and be an author on a paper or poster for at least two years prior to applying.
3. The application must include three research articles (published or in press) on reading and its related areas from a peer reviewed journal (e.g., Scientific Studies of Reading, Journal of Educational Psychology, Reading Research Quarterly) with the applicant as the sole author, first author, or a co-author. The articles will need to be in PDF format. If the applicant is not the sole author or first author of a publication, please provide a brief summary of the applicant's contribution to the work.
4. A majority of the membership committee must agree that the submitted articles constitute evidence that the applicant understands the principles of science and knows how to apply these principles to reading research, with approximately the same level of competence as a Charter Member of SSSR.
5. A majority of the Board of Directors must vote to approve the application for membership. The Board makes decisions on voting membership once a year, at the annual meeting. Therefore, applications must be submitted at least two months before an annual meeting in order for a decision to be made at that meeting. Applications received after that date will be voted upon at the following annual meeting. All applicants will be informed by email shortly after this decision process has been completed.
If you are not a voting member of SSSR and are eligible, please apply by completing the application form and sending it to Jennifer Hughes-Hardie (email@example.com). The deadline for applications is May 9th 2024.