Conference Hotel: Newport Beach Marriott Hotel & Spa
900 Newport Center Drive, Newport Beach, USA, California 92660
Hotel Conference Link
There are several regional and international airports around the City of Newport Beach, California, where the conference will be held. Of those, the following are relevant:
- John Wayne Airport (SNA): Approximately 5-6 miles from the hotel (15-17 min depending on the traffic)
- Long Beach Airport (LGB): approximately 24 to 33 miles from the hotel depending on the route (30-47 min)
- Los Angeles International Airport (LAX): approximately 44 miles to 48 miles from the hotel depending on the route (expect approximately 1 hour 30 minutes or longer depending on the traffic)
- Ontario International Airport (ONT): approximately 46 to 48 miles from the hotel (approximately 50 to 1 hour 30 minutes or longer depending on the traffic)
Getting to the hotel from airports
The best way to get to the conference hotel is taxi or ride app services such as Uber and Lyft. For locations for these ground transportations, see
- John Wayne Airport (SNA): Parking lot on the first floor across from the airport. Look for sign. See https://www.ocair.com/travelers/parking-transport/transportation/app-bas...
- Long Beach Airport (LGB): see information at https://www.longbeach.gov/lgb/airlines-destinations/transportation/
- Los Angeles International Airport (LAX): Walk or catch the free shuttle outside baggage claim on level one to LAX-it. Please see information, including a short video, at https://www.flylax.com/lax-it
- Ontario International Airport (ONT): see information at https://www.flyontario.com/ground-transportation
Rental Car Options
Each of these airports has rental car services. Please see website for each airport.
Policies on face coverings in July 2022 might change, but as of March 2022, face coverings are likely required in airports and ground transportation in California.
The City of Newport Beach is in the Orange County in southern California. There are many local attractions as well as attractions in greater southern California (e.g., Los Angeles, San Diego).
Just a sampling of Orange County attractions include:
- Festival of Arts of Laguna hosts both the Pageant of the Masters and the Festival Arts Show (see https://www.foapom.com/pageant-of-the-masters/)
- Sawdust Art & Craft Festival in Laguna Beach is a family-friendly event, hosting local artists, musicians, art demonstrations, and classes
- For a listing of the best beaches in Orange County,
- San Clemente Ocean Festival July 16 & 17: (see https://www.oceanfestival.org/)
Fairs and Theme Parks
- Disneyland (Disneyland Park and Disneyland California Adventure Park)
- Knotts Berry Farm
- Orange County Fair
- Hiking trails: Please see https://www.visitnewportbeach.com/outdoor-active/article/best-orange-cou...