This year’s SSSR preconference will be held in Brighton on Wednesday the 18th of July.
This year, we will have a particular focus on engaging with non-academic stakeholders.
Morning session (Devin Kearns, Fiona Kyle, Eva Marinus)
The morning session is for graduate students and early-career researchers. In addition to sessions, this time provides an opportunity to get to know other people in the field. Here are the topics:
- Careers in the field: Trajectories of your facilitators and sharing your own research program
- Writing effectively: Strategies for writing well and writing often
- Starting your independent research: Strategies for doing small studies with limited funding
- Having a great SSSR Conference: Ways to get the most out of your time this year
- Lunch discussions: Meeting other colleagues in the field
Afternoon session (Jessie Ricketts, Nicole Conrad)
The afternoon session is open to all SSSR delegates.
- Sharing research with non-academic audiences: Knowledge mobilization, research impact, and dissemination are all terms for this.
- Hear from the experts (Rhona Stainthorp, Don Compton): Presenters will discuss what they have done to highlight their work with policy-makers, educators, and the broader public.
Registration is now open and you can register here: SSSR Preconference Registration
Registration will close on the June 1st 2018, after which time we will confirm places.
Please contact Jessie Ricketts at firstname.lastname@example.org or Devin Kearns at email@example.com with any queries
We look forward to seeing many of you in Brighton!