Taylor and Francis, the publisher of our journal, supplied SSSR with financial means to be used for “scholarship” purposes. This led to the foundation of the SSSR Taylor & Francis Award.
The SSSR Taylor & Francis Award is an award given to promising young investigators that can be used to cover registration fees for the conference and for related conference expenses, including travel to future conferences. Applicants must have a paper accepted at this year’s SSSR conference and must attend the conference (virtually, in the case of this year). Applicants may be either students in PhD programs or those who already have PhDs. Preference will be given to those who are attending the SSSR conference for the first time, those who are currently in PhD programs or who have recently received their PhDs, and those who have documented final need. Each year, 4 awards of $500 each will be given to cover registration fees for the conference; the balance may be used for other conference-related expenses. Applicants must complete the Word doc application and submit the following materials to Rebecca Treiman (firstname.lastname@example.org) by May 15, 2021:
1. APPLICATION (please download the Word doc application, fill in, and send as a PDF)
2. Vita in English (PDF format)
3. Letter of support from someone who can speak to your suitability for this award, such as a colleague or your department chair (PDF format)
Previous Taylor & Francis Award Recipients:
- 2020 award winners: Lauren Blockmans, Louisa Boagarts, Anna Erhorn, Sally Larsen
- 2019 award winners: Badriah Basma, Silke Vanparys, Zhihong Xu, Rouzana